Tonight, I'm going to post something short and to the point about posting on Craigslist. There are a few ways to beat getting flagged and ghosted. Have you ever noticed that your ads do not go live for 20 minutes? They have to pass through CL's algorithms first. Here are a few ways to combat this:
- Write different ads- For each account, I post 1 ad per day. Each body is different. I change it every 3 days.
- Use different titles. Each of my ads have unique titles.
- Post 1 ad per day per account. If it allows you to post 3 or 5, ONLY post 1. This will help in keeping the live/flagged ratio in your favor. This is per section. For example, I only post in services => financial.
- Craigslist only wants local posts, so change your IP address according to the location you are posting in. See the images below. I use HMA software (HideMyAss)..
- Clear your browsing history after each post- history, cookies, etc.
- Make certain to change your IP to the correct location when renewing ads. If not, they will be deleted.
- Don't write ads solely to drive traffic to your website. CL wants for prospects to call you. You can embed URLs into images and or only have the URLs in 50% of the ads.
- Keep track of which ads get deleted. I use a spreadsheet. If they are ghosted/flagged 3 times in a row, I assign them to another city/state.
- Have more than 1 account. More accounts = more clients. If you need assistance with obtaining phone-verified accounts, you can purchase 8 for $5 on fiverr.com. You can contact the seller and view the gig HERE.
Questions? Require help with your ads?